This week at Silverspoon, we are proudly featuring an exquisite cheese board, carefully designed by Executive Chef Tim Courtney. The board is perfect for two to four to share and features cheeses made from grass fed cow’s milk from one of our favorite cheese artisans, Keswick Creamery.
The price will be $16 for 5 cheeses, which will be as follows:
· Vermeer, a Dutch-style, natural rind cheese that has the creaminess of gouda with the
nuttiness of an alpine emmenthaler.
· Lesher, a British-style cheese in the cheddar family, delightfully creamy and tangy with a slightly flaky texture and fruity notes.
· Blue Suede Moo, a classic blue, complex and nuanced. Soft, sweet notes of chocolate and stout and a distinct mushroomy accent.
· Mad Elf Tomme, washed weekly with Troegs Brewing Company’s Trogenator, their classic double bock. The washing gives the rind a deliciously sweet, malty aroma and imparts a wonderful hoppy finish to the cheese. The rind is edible and especially tasty!
· Wallabee, A unique, natural rind cheese that is named after a special cow. It has a fresh lactic flavor with slight citrus notes and a lovely light mushroomy rind.
Garnishes include honeyed pear, whole grain mustard, dried cherries, candied walnuts & crostini.
We look forward to seeing you soon and sharing these wonderful cheeses with you! To learn more about the cheese featured this week, here is a link to Keswick Creamery.